Subject: [Leica] Pitching for a job/now sports timing.
From: leica at robsteve.com (Robert Stevens)
Date: Thu Oct 20 21:24:21 2005

At 01:12 AM 10/21/2005, Ted Grant wrote:
>Sure there's a great deal of luck to even capture your shot of foot
>indenting the ball on impact, but you do have an excellent re-action
>to the action in your sport's photography as we've seen on many a posting.
>
>I sure woudn't have any complaint if I hit one like this, foot
>stopped or otherwise it's a damn fine action picture.
>
>ted

Here are a couple more from that game.  I was happy with my
results.  All of these with the exception of perhaps the cheerleader
would have been the first frame in the burst.  I don't tend to hold
down the button, since I used to shoot film and have to pay for it
and spend the time developing it.  Digital hasn't broken me of that habit
yet.

This was 400mm, tried to get it with the face pointing my way.
http://www.robsteve.com/LUG/_X5T6192.jpg

Here is the 70-200mm.
http://www.robsteve.com/LUG/R_Stevens1.jpg

400mm Again.
http://www.robsteve.com/LUG/R_Stevens2.jpg

This one was shot with the 135mm f2 lens.
http://www.robsteve.com/LUG/R_Stevens3.jpg

I think all my DMR posting lately may have made people think I am a
bit of a Leica snob, but Canon does have some decent cameras and lenses.