Subject: [Leica] Pitching for a job
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Oct 20 21:12:03 2005

Robert Stevens showed re-action.
Subject: Re: [Leica] Pitching for a job

>I was at a Sports Photography seminar which had Peter Reid Miller teaching
>it.  Part of the seminar was shooting games.  I was telling the guy beside
>me at an arena football game that you seldom can get the kick off with the
>punters foot and the ball in the same picture.  Here was my second attempt
>at it.  It was the first frame of course.  Even at 8.5 fps, the foot is
>just going too fast.  I shot it with a Canon 1Ds Mk II and 400mm f2.8.
>
> http://www.robsteve.com/LUG/_X5T6257.jpg<<<<

Hi Robert,
Whether the foot action was stopped or not your point is well made.... you
caught the moment of impact! Stopping the foot is probably impossible
without strobe lighting or shooting at 1/5000 of a sec or higher.

Sure there's a great deal of luck to even capture your shot of foot
indenting the ball on impact, but you do have an excellent re-action to the
action in your sport's photography as we've seen on many a posting.

I sure woudn't have any complaint if I hit one like this, foot stopped or
otherwise it's a damn fine action picture.

ted

Replies: Reply from leica at robsteve.com (Robert Stevens) ([Leica] Pitching for a job/now sports timing.)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Pitching for a job)
Message from leica at robsteve.com (Robert Stevens) ([Leica] Pitching for a job)