Subject: [Leica] RE: Inkjet Print Longevity
From: jim.christie at sbcglobal.net (Jim Christie)
Date: Fri Oct 21 10:02:29 2005

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on this subject. You've helped form and
solidify my opinion and advice that I am going to give to my friend. That
is, the top manufactures, e.g. Epson, HP and Canon all have high quality
printing equipment that basically do a good job for most amateur and
advanced amateur photographers as long as you follow mfg instructions and
use quality papers and inks recommended by the mfg. Using lesser quality
will be a "crap shoot" and most likely will not have the same quality or
life. Also, many professionals use the same equipment and high quality
papers and inks, but probably use a much more refined process.

As Ted suggested, we can always replace the print if need be, so just get
out there and enjoy your photography.

Thanks again to Gerry, Wade and Ted for taking the time to respond to my
issue.

Jim

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] RE: Inkjet Print Longevity)
Reply from jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden) ([Leica] RE: Inkjet Print Longevity)