Subject: [Leica] Metering on Canon DSLR with Leica R Lens
From: yzlee at starhub.net.sg (Yan Zhan Lee)
Date: Sun Oct 30 10:34:55 2005

Dear Luggers,

I've been metering on my 20D and Leica R lens(using Aperture Priority)
on all modes: Evaluative, Partial, Centerweighted Averaging with mix
results.  Most of the time, regardless of mode, I have to do some manual
adjustments, otherwise, the pictures appear dark.  Is it possible that
with Leica lens, since the AF points are not active, the metering mode
is not working optimally.  My research suggest I use Partial which is
like semi-spot with center 9% being metered.  But sometime it doesn't
really read the light correctly.  Whats the "best" mode to use?

Pls share your experience here.

Many Thanks
Lee

Replies: Reply from douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp) ([Leica] Metering on Canon DSLR with Leica R Lens)