Subject: [Leica] tree at 1/15th
From: SonC at aol.com (SonC@aol.com)
Date: Thu Nov 3 14:57:11 2005

In a message dated 11/3/2005 4:32:33 P.M. Central Standard Time,
tedgrant@shaw.ca writes:

Now I'm  of mixed feelings, glad to hear that! But sick at heart because
wind
and  God, whatever, it was my tree and shouldn't I or my insurance firm be
responsible for the repair and clean-up costs? If not what the hell's the
point of having insurance.

Which leaves me wondering, if everything  came down on my home would the
insurance company say... "oh dear me, an  act of God! Surprise you pay for
everything yourself!"  :-(

============
He was right, if your tree falls on a neighbor, his insurance pays.   If
your
tree falls on your house, your insurance pays, at least in this  country.  I
offered to help with the deductible, but since it was   hurricane caused,
there has been no bill so far.  Glad no one was  hurt.

Regards,
Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
Natchitoches, Louisiana