Subject: [Leica] Re: Knowing all of Kyle's secrets to photography/now Atlanta
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Mon Nov 7 21:39:52 2005

Chris Williams wrote:

> Don,
>
> Just stayed overnight Saturday and flew back to Tampa on Sunday. Had to
> rent a car so I did enjoy all the freeway lanes :) What's up with no
> alcohol until 12:30pm on Sundays????

Having lived in Tampa and elsewhere in Florida, I can tell you that the
alcohol rules are there so that all the God-fearing Christians go to
church on Sunday mornings instead of boozing it up. What the rest of us
are to do, I am not sure.

There were also several dry countries in the Florida panhandle. At some
point during the late 80s or early 90s there was a referendum in one of
those counties to abolish the restriction. The referendum failed thanks
to a well-financed campaign, spearheaded by the local preachers but
financed mostly by bar owners in the neighboring counties ;-)

Nathan
--
Nathan Wajsman
Almere, The Netherlands