Subject: [Leica] Digital FIBER prints
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Nov 10 19:55:08 2005

If one craves one daily fiber like I do the way to fly might surprisingly be
digital and inkjet desktop.
The papers made for digital printing come out of a long legacy of papers
made for water color. Fro hundreds of years as in four hundred. Fiber we're
talking here and mat.
I brought a stack of prints, 11x14 to San Francisco last October with some
of them being 11x14 darkroom black and white prints, Multigrade fiber, and
others being 11x14 Hahnem?hle photo rag smooth surface 308 gsm in the same
box.
The Hahnem?hle and many other inkjet options like the Epson Velvet with
might have also been in there are 100 % rag. Just like your Museum rag board
you mount it on.
NO photo paper for the darkroom was ever free from paper pulp and was 100
percept rag like the mount board we'd mount it on.
The tactile feel of the Hahnem?hle  photo rag compares well against the
fiber darkroom output. It kind of out classes it in that regard.
This images on the paper itself also compete quite will many thought and in
some cases they seemed superior.

So if your daily fiber is vital to you then check out using some higher end
paper Hahnem?hle outputted from your above average end inkjet, mines the
2200. The results are quite satisfying to the eyeballs as well as the finger
tips.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon