Subject: [Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Fri Nov 18 00:09:39 2005

Hi Feli,
you are right about the f1.2 being rare and expensive but wrong about
the performance, it is clearly better than the f1, though of course
half a stop slower. I have read that the performance is inferior too,
perhaps a story Leitz put out when they found they could not make the
f1.2 economically and replaced it? Erwin even states it in his book,
but the MTF curves of the lenses show the truth, as do prints.
Not worth the difference in current cost though!
Frank

Message from editor at frontenachouse.com (Rose Scollard) ([Leica] A Noctilux and Velvia ...)