Subject: [Leica] Xtol dev times - PC-TEA
From: craig at craigschroeder.com (Craig Schroeder)
Date: Sat Dec 3 14:58:52 2005

I've had good luck using propylene glycol in place of some of the TEA
and reducing some viscosity issues.  My basement darkroom in my northern
climate left me with solid PC-TEA in winter when I first started
experimenting with it.  Part of why I wanted to use a long-shelf life
concentrate was for fitting in with my sporadic trips into the darkroom
and knowing I had trustworthy chemical ready to go.  With the fussing
around to get my PC-TEA re-liquefied, it was losing part of its appeal
for my application.  Another plus of the PG is that ascorbic acid and
phenidone go into suspension much easier with less heating and then I
can top up with the TEA.  The TEA based concoctions I've experimented
with seem to end up with very different freeze points and PC-TEA is the
only one that I've had problems with at the temperatures that my
darkroom tends to settle to in the winter.

Message from durling at cox.net (Mike Durling) ([Leica] Xtol dev times - PC-TEA)