Subject: [Leica] Nathan's PAW 49: Fog and Zwarte Piet
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Tue Dec 13 10:15:15 2005

One of the depressing things about getting older is that there are so
few new things to surprise you.  Then there are the exceptions, those
that do.  Black Peter is one of them.  "Who'd have thunk it," as we
sometimes said in the old neighborhood.  Thanks Nathan.

The transformation of Black Peter from threatening to kind and
friendly mirrors the change in the US Halloween tradition.  The truly
scary holiday of my youth has become a day full of kid-friendly
candy-offering ghosts and goblins that wouldn't hurt a flea.  Doesn't
seem right somehow.

Nice pictures, too.  I particularly liked alt 4 for its mood and depth.

Regards,

Dick
Boston MA