Subject: [Leica] surgery
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Jan 4 17:18:41 2006

Oh great! Sonny says that those folks down in surgery are just a big
bunch of cut-ups!

There are, of course, all those great images by some guy, oh who is
he, Ted, Fred, Gant - oh Ted Grant! I bet he might have shot a few
snap shots in the OR. Probably has a special shuffle named after him
that involves a shot, a spin out of a scrub nurse's way, deftly
missing the gas passer while lifting his third M7 to his eyes, this
one with the 90 and the Tri-X, settling onto the balls of his feet
while a nurse delicately wipes the surgeon's brow and turns away, her
eyes glistening at a bit of ribald humor or something involving body
parts from a previous surgery, that Ted catches in that decisive
moment thing.

Yep - that Grant fella might have a few hints.

Myself, once upon a dream, back in the 60s, I used to video tape vet
school surgeries, but there I was completely, ah, focused, on the
light field. Talk about "the day" - we were recording on 3" video tape
in monochrome. Probably the reason I didn't barf.

I hope you have a terrific first experience in the OR. Maybe I can get
Ted to come down and shoot mine when they hack off my knee! (but not
for a while yet.)

Adam