Subject: [Leica] surgery
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jan 5 08:59:01 2006

Adam Bridge said:
>>Maybe I can get Ted to come down and shoot mine when they hack off my
>>knee! (but not
> for a while yet.)<<<<

Hi Adam,
Hey its a piece of cake with the neat power saws and really really big big,
long, like very long drills! :-)

Lot's of stuff goes on before they attach the new knee. Not to worry, you
wont feel a thing as they hammer away pounding it into the hole where they
drilled out the marrow to make it fit. ;-)

But later after all the pain, physio exercise is over you can take a shot at
the 100 meter final in the next Olympics! ;-) Like the bionic-man. ;-)

But wait for the fun time when you first pass through the airport metal
detector and you ring it like you've got an AK-47 strapped to yer leg! Like
Holy jumpin' cat-fish!  Before you know it the goon squad have you face down
on the floor and a half dozen heavy weapons touching your head......
suggestion. Don't twitch! Smile, have medical paper showing you have a nice
new metal knee! Still don't twitch when the biggest guy stands on the back
of your knee to see what happens.
Hang tough don't make a sound, smile. :-)

However,make sure you have clean under shorts on because when they rip yer
pants off for the world to see yer metal knee everybody is going to be
lookin' ;-) Of course no one can see it because it's inside under the skin
just like the original parts. :-)

Now with any kind of luck the pictures are here. ;-)  Not in the OR getting
the old one cut off and new one installed. ;-) However, I'll do the OR
stuff, because I'm not crazy enough to take pictures of you and goon squad!
Not when they operate on a shoot to kill first, ask questions later! ;-)

Now before anyone gets ants in their knickers about the above look at the
smilies! It's fun house time today! Damn don't go get all serious and screw
it up. Because if we who travel don't try to make some humour out of today's
flying conditions you truly will wish you had your own wings to fly! :-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road
Victoria BC  V8N 2A4