Subject: [Leica] Screwmount camera recommendations
From: jhnichols at bellsouth.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun Jan 8 09:33:50 2006

John,
I've had a Leica IIIa for over 50 years, and now also have a IIIf.  As I
understand it, the stiffer shutter box structure of the late models is all
inside the shell of the camera.  While the IIIa does not have the reinforced
lens mount ring of the IIIc and later, I have used lenses up to 135mm on it
and have found no problems.  I can tell no difference in the feel of the
outer shell of the IIIa and IIIf.  Don't sell the early models short.  They
are fine cameras.
Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Screwmount camera recommendations)