Subject: [Leica] Screwmount camera recommendations
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Sun Jan 8 11:41:32 2006

John, take a look at Ritzcam.com

They often sell LTM cameras that have already had a CLA by DAG and therefore
are
a really good deal.

I have a IIIc from the first run, when the factory reopened in 1945. I had
it cleaned, but
suspect that the repair shop didn't do a very good job, because the shutter
is bounching.
One of these days I'll have to send it to DAG or Kinderman (they purchased
Leica Canada's
LTM parts stockpile) and really get it taken care of.

Anyhow, how about a nice IIIf, black or red dial? By the time these
surfaced, Leica's production
line was back in top form. I also believe that starting with the black dial,
Leica made the improved
shutter standard.

Also grab a cheap VIOOH finder, while you are at it. Using one of these
makes a huge difference.

cheers,

Feli

-