Subject: [Leica] Canon 5D + Leica Lens Exposure Question
From: rbaron at concentric.net (Robert D. Baron)
Date: Tue Jan 10 07:19:51 2006

I know some of you have been using R lenses on the Canon 5D to great
effect.  I spent some time over the weekend using my 5D and various of
my medium and longer R lenses and I found I was getting images that were
overexposed much more than I would have expected.

I was shooting outdoors in mixed sunlight and shade, and even though the
part of the scene in sunlight was the vast majority of the frame (and
was centered) the camera seemed to be exposing for the area in shadow.

I am setting the camera to Evaluative Metering, Aperture Priority auto
exposure, and shoot either wide open or manually stepped down.  The
camera of course sets the shutter speed.  I'm working down my mental
checklist of things I could be doing wrong but don't find an obvious answer.

Have any of you who have used this particular combination seen this
problem or have a suggestion as to what I might be missing?

Thanks,

--Bob

Replies: Reply from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] Canon 5D + Leica Lens Exposure Question)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Canon 5D + Leica Lens Exposure Question)