Subject: [Leica] Adox and Efke
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Thu Jan 12 07:41:03 2006

Hi Dave,
I've been using Efke film for a couple years.  KB25 35mm and KB100 120.  I
find the kb25 to be more contrasty then say my old APX25 stock, but
workable with the right developer.

KB25 I've tried Rodinol which works well but loses speed.  I've run it ASA
12, 1:50, 4-4.5 minutes for an N. full range negative.  The highlight
texture is very smooth like a staining developer.

Kb25 in a home Butler formula 1:1:100.  I found this to be difficult where
the highlights showed considerable blocking despite all my best efforts.

KB25 Roll in Pyrocat HD.  Good combination for normal and stand
development.  Really controls the highlights and there some speed reduction.

KB25 and HC110.  Overall good combination.  Highlight control works well
and contrast can be controlled by dilution.  A decade difference in
dilution is about one stop contrast in either direction.

Kb100 Beutler, D-23, Pyrocat HD, similar results as KB25.

I recently developed KB100 Roll in Pyro and the results were very nice with
little to no speed loss.

My choice these days is HC110 for everything.  I do recommend the Rocinol

Chris