Subject: [Leica] Adox and Efke
From: durling at cox.net (Mike Durling)
Date: Thu Jan 12 19:27:27 2006

I initally got a lot of contrast with KB25.  I tamed it with D23 1:3
then found that D76 1:3 works just as well.

I got some R100 in 120 and have been having a lot of trouble with it.
Things like whole rolls being soft where other films are ok.  Also
strange light leaks where other films show none.  As best I can figure
out the film has a lot of curl to it, but also may like to come loose on
the spool.  Like it has a certain amount of curl that will not tighten
or loosen if that makes sense.

All of this can maybe have other explanations and none of these cameras
are less than 50 years old.  Still a Bessa II that works fine with other
film you would expect to work with the Efke.

The other thing that sometimes happens is that the emulsion is soft and
sometimes a bit flakes off in processing.

Otherwise I really like the KB25, but the R100 I am not sure about.

Mike D