Subject: [Leica] LHSA Meeting in Germany
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Sat Jan 14 17:16:02 2006

Hello donscottgreg et al!

For all LHSA membes coming from North America, plan for arrival in Frankfurt
on Thursday morning, 28 September. As almost all eastbound transAt flights
arrive in morning, we shall likely have group transport pre- arranged to
Wetzlar where we'll be staying. I've been working with.... or perhaps it's
more accurate to write that Christian Erhardt of Leica USA and Ralph
Hagenauer of Leica Solms have been doing the work and I have been graciously
nodding assent, with a few suggestive grace notes!   ;-)

As I assume most interested Luggers know, we'll visit Photokina, LHSA
program and banquet, possible visit to a major camera trade fair near
Koln-Cologne on Sunday, factory visit on Monday with possible Leica Schule,
Rhine cruise on Tuesday (which is a national holiday in Germany, celebrating
reunification).

Sunday evening and Monday are the Jewish Yom Kippur-Day of Atonement. There
is a Jewish Community Center in nearby Giessen and Ralph and Stefan Daniel
have been in touch with them to assure that Jewish LHSA members, me among
them, will be able to observe the holiday there. We'll probably arrange
transport to and from Geissen if there are enough members to warrant it.

Departure will be on Wednesday 4 October.

I spoke with Christian this past week; he is finalizing the costs and budget
as we will be providing an almost all-inclusive price for the visit, i.e.
hotel mit fruhstuck, ground transport from and to airport, transport to and
from Cologne and admission to Photokina, banquet dinner etc. but excluding
other meals. I expect to speak with him again this coming week when he
believes we will be close to finalizing arrangements and costs.

I've probably left something out, though the president's message in the
forthcoming VIEWFINDER will have a fairly detailed description, subject of
course to Christian's and Ralph's final input.

I believe that a fair number of members will wish to travel to Europe early
or stay on after the meeting (or both!!! ;-)   )   for additional touring. I
know I have to stop in Paris to visit friends and wish to visit Berlin and
Prague, neither of which I know.

It truly promises to be an exceptional gathering and I hope to meet many
Luggers there.

Best,

Seth