Subject: [Leica] LHSA Meeting in Germany
From: sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner)
Date: Sat Jan 14 17:29:41 2006

Greg, you don't know what a kick is until you are cruising the A-bahn at 125
mph (200kph) feeling pretty fun yourself and a BMW M5 or AMG M-B sedan with
a microchip that deletes the 155mph limiter goes past at a speed
differential of another 50mph.

Incidentally, something more or less analogous, though at much more modest
speeds, actually happened to me over 45 years ago. I was just starting to do
some corner-marshall stuff for the SCCA who were running raes at Minden,
Nevada. Driving my TR3 early morning up the then-two-lane highway toward
Minden, I was tooling along at 80mph, pretty spiffy in those days, glancing
only sporadically in the mirror as who would be going faster, eh? when
without warning a flash of red went by at what must have
130. Very nearly went in the ditch. Damn Ferraccis!

Seth

Seth