Subject: [Leica] anyone tried Xtol+Rodinal?
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Tue Jan 17 12:08:15 2006

> I don't know whether it is tongue in cheek or not, but at apug.org,
someone
> wrote up an experience with using Xtol 1+4 and Rodinal 1+50 together.
> Anyone tried crazy combo like that? Do I have to worry about noxious
> chemical combination?

Is that a 50/50 mix of each?  That would make a final product that was Xtol
1+9 and Rodinal 1:100. I think the Rodinal would be the primary developer as
it is often used at this dilution but Xtol at 1+9 would have very little
activity. The pH would go up though because of the Rodinal...

Hmmmm......  Can't hink of any reason (chemically) why it wouldn't work to
some degree but why???  Either one alone would be better.

JB