Subject: [Leica] Fuji is sticking it out
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Fri Jan 20 08:00:09 2006

This is American speak, not Japanese speak.  The difference?  It was
composed (not translated) in the US by an American... which is NOT where
Fuji makes decisions....they are made in Japan, by Japanese.

I have worked for a lot of Japanese companies, and this smacks of some
American hot shot shooting off his mouth so that THE COMPANY's local US
operations can placate the local US market, while Japan can do whatever they
want.  A terrific tactic, and something the Japanese Companies are pretty
good at.  BTW, the US guy usually has committed hari kari by his acts.  He
will get a "promotion" to some job which he will have forever....   after
all, he did the dirty work: Loyalty is rewarded by Public humiliation
followed by loyalty from the company.  He is always an American, never
Japanese.

Be careful what you read......and make decision for yourself based upon your
own intelligence.  Not PR hype.

My cut: Film will be with us for our generation ( over 50's group) but
probably not easily available over that same time period.  Buy film, buy a
freezer, buy chemistry, buy paper, and be protected from the swarms of
digititis.  However, the yellow box, the green box, and probably a few other
colors of boxes that we are all familiar with will go away.  We will see new
boxes from Eastern Europe, and Asia ( Referring to not Japan).  We will see
new companies do well in a small but not competitive market.  The big guys
are all planning their exit strategy.  WE must be flexible and learn new
materials.

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] Fuji is sticking it out)