Subject: [Leica] Konica Minolta to quit photo market - now Kodak staying in film
From: corkflor at iol.ie (Alex Hurst)
Date: Fri Jan 20 08:31:16 2006

David Young wrote in part:

>The downside is that more and more digi-photos are simply not being
>printed, at all.

Which is not surprising, as many people are perfectly happy to
download them on to a computer and share them over the Net. Much
easier - much less expensive.

>However, if the explosive growth in photo prints being made in
>1-hour labs continues, there may be enough sales of photo paper, to
>warrant the continuation of at least some films, indefinitely.

That's certainly reassuring, though I'm not sure about the
'indefinitely'. So long as there's film and paper around for the
remainder of my lifespan, I'll be happy.

>Just my 2 cents worth.

Are those Canadian cents, US cents or Euro cents... :-)

Best

Alex
--
Alex & Carmel Hurst