Subject: [Leica] The "impending doom" of film
From: lmc at interlink.es (Luis Miguel Castañeda)
Date: Mon Jan 23 00:03:31 2006

On 23/01/2006, at 1:40, Rose Scollard wrote:

> I hadn't realized that Rollei was making emulsions now. Do you have
> any information on these? Thanks.

Rollei emulsions aren't exactly rebranded Maco emulsions, Maco has
prototyped some of the Rollei emulsions under their own brand before
its launch, alas the 25, cube and IR, which are supposedly
discontinued now. Rollei emulsions do not behave exactly as previous
Maco emulsions did but they are quite close.

I have been using the pan25, R3 and Retro 400. R3 will gave you nice
tones and good versatility, but at cost of a more complicated
processing and a hard time until you get used to it. Pan25 and Retro
are fine emulsions, and I've wrote what I've found about them here
for the pan25 http://tinyurl.com/a8z5t and here por the Retro http://
tinyurl.com/arn8q

hope it helps

Saludos