Subject: [Leica] Further adventures of a completely screwed up guy: long and occasionally on topic
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Sun Jan 29 08:08:19 2006

Lots of people had it right, the problem IMO is that we live in a
world where image is more important than content. Frankly very few
drivers (who can afford them) can drive a sports car near the limit.
On top of this there is the fact that the cheapest way to pass the
crash tests is to use mild steel for the extra structures.
Most people want it to look like they drive a sports car but actually
want a limo, et voila, that is what is largely available.
The best way to make a car quick is to make it light. Better
acceleration, better cornering and better braking. Power just gives
top speed which is academic.
Frank
PS styling is not high on my list of priorities so my opinion on
looks is valueless!

Replies: Reply from pdzwig at summaventures.com (Peter Dzwig) ([Leica] Further adventures of a completely screwed up guy: long and occasionally on topic)
Reply from sethrosner at nycap.rr.com (Seth Rosner) ([Leica] Further adventures of a completely screwed up guy: longand occasionally on topic)
Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Further adventures of a completely screwed up guy: longand occasionally on topic)