Subject: [Leica] Screen Dimensions - what do you use?
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun Jan 29 11:58:59 2006

Jeffery

If you have a CRT monitor, you can change the resolution easily, depending
on what resolutions the graphic card is able to display. But LCD's should
always be set on the default resolution otherwise you get a very fuzzy
picture.

When selling websites we work with a supposed resolution of 1024x768 or
higher. People with smaller resolutions than that are used to scroll around
when surfing so there is no need to take special care of them. Usually I
take care that a 1024 user does not need to scoll in both directions
horizontally and vertically, which is a pain. Some html designs allow a
flexible size with a "liquid" page layout, but this has other limitations
and we do not use it much.

Newer laptops often have more resolution than 1024x768, especially those
with a 16:9 screen. I use two monitors with each 1600x1200 on my
workstations since this resolution was available for graphic cards and
monitors, and that's more than 10 years ago. Actually I have two 22" LCD
screens with a GeForce 6800 256MB. Couldn't imagine to work with less than 2
monitors. It's like a second car. You don't really need it but once you have
it you would never miss it again.

Didier

Replies: Reply from jsmith342 at cox.net (Jeffery Smith) ([Leica] Screen Dimensions - what do you use?)