Subject: [Leica] Re:kodachrome NOW VOLUNTEERS!!! :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Tue Jan 31 17:01:08 2006

Seth said during a crazed moment of over indulgence swilling the fixer: ;-)

>>> No problem George. Ted, Tina and B.D. have volunteered to emigrate to
> Netherlands to run the machine and do the job for Fred Hess and the rest
> of us investors.<<<<<<<<

Seth mon ami,
How kind of you to put the three musketeers together on such a wild and
crazy project.:-)

In the Netherlands is quite OK, no problem at all, good food and beer! ;-)
Now about the accommodation? The requirements are 3 penthouse suites with
running everything, maids, butlers, cooks, chauffer with the finest limo's
available, obviously not one of those squeaky little run about's you lads
have been going on about. ;-)

You might consider this as our "work flow time." ;-) Absolutely never on
Saturday, Sunday, Monday morning nor Wednesday morning because we require
down time from the exhausting pace we'll set when we do our duties on
Tuesday and Thursday being another full day, Friday is a half day in the
morning only cleaning up from the labours of all day Thursday.

It's extremely important that you keep these rules, "that's like the 3 of
us, our rules" in mind when you turn your kodachrome over to our expert and
caring hands to slosh it through the many dangerous and volatile chemicals
required to process K film.  Make sure you treat us nicely as I'm sure you
have handled cases referred to as "Human error mishap." And the film is
merely replaced due to alleged "mishap by .... no one ever knows because it
was a human error." ;-) May I suggest you seriously keep this in mind each
time you hand us your film. ;-) :-)

Now considering no mention has been made of, shall we say... "compensation
for our diligent handling of your processing duties with professional
experience!" I mean you didn't really think we'd do this for the love of the
thing? You didn't, did you old chap? I mean you were quite mad at
volunteering us in the first place, particularly it being B.D., Tina and
myself, the 3 vagabonds of the LUG. ;-) I mean surely you weren't into the
old fixer before volunteering us were you? ;-) Damn brave of you in any
case! ;-)

I'll leave this for the moment to give you a short time to mull it over,
which I'm sure you'll return with an extremely generous offer of wages,
bonuses and stock options. Oh, sorry I nearly forgot, a lengthy summer
holiday to be spent at our choosing of location. And of course all at your
expense.  I knew you'd think that was fair. ;-)

And please take extra care to note we pay absolutely no taxes whatsoever!!!
PERIOD! NADA!  That's your problem because what we get stays in our pocket.
You and the other machine owners pay the tax.  And there isn't any
discussion on this matter. It's our way or no way! :-)

Thank you kind sir for volunteering us for such a delicate and dangerous
assignment. Fun time? ;-)  Meanwhile I'll commiserate with my two colleagues
in the event I haven' made myself clear (quite probably not.) If that's the
case just look at it this way, if we do this job, "BABY, YOU ARE GOING TO
PAY US A HUGE AMOUNT OF MONEY!" It's called fair compensation for our years
of experience!" :-)  Have a nice day! :-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road
Victoria BC  V8N 2A4