Subject: [Leica] Re: DMR mk II ?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Feb 3 11:44:02 2006

Emanuel offered:
>>> But the end of Leica has little to do with what Leica does, and
>>> everything to do with what WE do. If WE stop buying & using Leicas,
>>> Leica goes nose up.
>
>>> The fault is not in the stars but in ourselves...<<<<

Hi Emanuel,
Gee come on old buddy you're laying a pretty heavy duty guilt trip on the
crew, you make it sound as though we're causing the collapse of Leica.

Sorry mate but what this band of near 2000 Leica brothers and sisters do on
this list isn't going to make much of a difference to Leica one way or
another, crash and burn or survive.

Of the 2000 how many have paid for new DMR's and or in hand? How many have
bought Digilux 2's? How many have bought new R9's and M7's in the past year?
How many have bought several new lenses? How many have bought motor drives?
A peanut amount compared to what's necessary for Leica to survive certainly
just from the band of LUG Leica fanatics?

Yeah most of us still are, but time and assignments wait for no one these
days, it's all instant "we need this yesterday!" It's like it, lump it or
die! But that's the facts of life in the fast lane of world communications.
Certainly as you know only too well.

If Leica needs anything it's some very smart people at the top who can put
all the past glory days behind them, move into the new world of smart
production and marketing of products! And sure as hell some people who can
do digital when they say they are in a manner that they'll deliver what's
needed, not what THEY think we need!

Part of the problem is, I don't believe they listen to anyone, certainly on
this list, other than maybe a favoured few who pass on the usual tirades
about incompetence of management & producing equipment.

The positive news?  Finally got my new book shipment and yours are on the
way. ;-)

ted

Ted Grant Photography Limited
1817 Feltham Road