Subject: [Leica] Re: Another 18 photos from the 9th Ward
From: jon.stanton at comcast.net (jon.stanton@comcast.net)
Date: Sun Feb 5 08:10:26 2006

"But the majority of volunteers that I've seen have been SPCA .I had several
visits by the SPCA in early October."

There have been several articles in newspapers up here in the NW corner of
the country....Apparently over 90% of the rescued dogs are infected with
"Hearworm" a disease very rare on the West Coast....I remember having to get
Heartworm shots for my dogs when I lived in Chicago and after I moved to
Calif. the Vet said the shots were no longer needed..

Secondly,  I have talked with several soldiers from Fort Lewis who have been
deployed to both Iraq and New Orleans....They said NO is unbelievable...