Subject: [Leica] Re: Another 18 photos from the 9th Ward
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Sun Feb 5 08:56:48 2006

Jeffery Smith said:
>> All were from (are you listening Ted?)Canada!<<

Hi Jeffery,
Thanks for the note as I know a number of fire fighting rescue crews from
Vancouver were being assembled before the storm ended and left within hours,
along with medical folks from across the country. The Royal Canadian Navy
sent ships from the east coast loaded with all kinds of materials. And there
were any number of flights by the RCAF transport squadron's flying stuff
south.

Not to forget Air Canada flew "free" all kinds of ordinary folks
volunteering an extra pair of hands to help in anyway they could.

We do appreciate our southern cousins more than some of your folks give us
credit for, but when you require real help we're there like any good
neighbour should be.

Although we're only 1/10th of your population, when you need a good old
fashion hand through adversity you can count on us.

ted