Subject: [Leica] OT: Vuescan Settings and Tri-X
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Mon Feb 6 19:22:53 2006

I've just downloaded the latest verson of Vuescan and giving scanning
another go.

I primarily shoot Tri-X, and Vuescan for some odd reason doesn't list Tri-X
as a preset film type. I've decided to use the TMax-400 default and set up
my profile as follows:

Output 48bit rgb Vuescan raw file

Settings:

Input|Media type: B/W negative

Input|Bits per pixel: 48 bit RGB

Input|Lock film base color: ticked, with 1/1/1 for r/g/b

Crop|Buffer%: 0

Color|B/W Vendor: Kodak

Color|B/W brand: TMax400

Color|B/W type: D76 CI:.55

Color|B/W curve: manual with 1/1/1 (or neutral)

Color|black point: 0.02%

Color|white point: 0.02%

Color|brightness: 0.7

Output|Tiff file type: 8 bit grey

I'm not getting anything like the information and quality I can get from the
same negative printed in my darkroom and this is pretty frustrating.

Can someone who is scanning Tri-X sucessfully using Vuescan suggest what is
I'm doing wrong with my setup?

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] OT: Vuescan Settings and Tri-X)