Subject: [Leica] More 15mm Shots
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Fri Feb 10 10:34:26 2006

Richard S. Taylor showed:
Subject: Re: [Leica] More 15mm Shots
> think it's much of an improvement, at least for this image, because there
> is so little color in the shot to begin with.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/NYC/2_35A_0103_color_web<<<

Hi Dick,
Quite correct and if any thing might help other than colour things, would've
been a slower shutter speed. Even then I don't think it's worth the effort.

Another thing to keep in mind is the amount of sky you're showing is too
empty. In other words the scene requires "pictorial clouds" that increases
the blurs of blue and white through this area. Or the train and track side
background are much closer together filling the frame with much more blur
effect.

Big empty areas are nada for this to work for the best effect.

But keep trying as you're on the right "track." ;-) And like I said, it
takes lots of film to get beauties.

ted

Replies: Reply from zoeica1 at yahoo.com (Chris Williams) ([Leica] PMA 2006 anyone?)
Reply from r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor) ([Leica] More 15mm Shots)