Subject: [Leica] HCB - left-eyed?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Mon Feb 20 10:23:02 2006

bruce offered:
>>> And you can see where you're walking or who's about to cross your
> path (assuming every-one/-thing comes from the left), with the left
> eye!<<<

But bruce what do you do when yer near blind in the right eye? ;-) You learn
to see differently!  And sometimes better. ;-)

You get knocked flying by football players along the sidelines while
covering a game,:-) Yes it does hurt! ;-) You always have the chance of
missing key moments while moving the camera way from your face to advance
film.

That's why I always used motor drives on my SLR Leica's and Tom Abramhamsson
RapidWinder's on my M6's and M'7s.

And if someone is left eye dominant and they have shot in that fashion for
sometime, then they try to switch to right eye?  The eyes are always
fighting to see properly, it can be overcome over an amount of time, some
folks may differ. But trying to switch has driven some shooters near crazy
fighting with their normal vision because the left eye is dominate.... and
it's the reaction of a  couple I know to leave well enough alone and shoot
as they've always done... left eye!

ted

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] HCB - left-eyed?)
Message from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] HCB - left-eyed?)