Subject: [Leica] HCB - left-eyed?
From: bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce)
Date: Mon Feb 20 15:14:11 2006

If you only have one eye, then you use it, whichever side, and you
adapt, I presume, your techniques to maximize the system that for you
must work ................ most don't even think about it, because
they have two functioning units.

I am reasonably ambidextrous, and always pick-up apparatus to
determine how it can best be held. I guess that means that I would
have taken an Exakta Varex and placed it to my left eye, to ensure
that the wind-on could be correctly activated by my left
thumb ............... but since most equipment is manufactured for
those using right hand and right eye, I follow. Is that my dominant
eye? I know not. My left eye is better than the right ..............
without glasses ................ but they both work. So, I use the
right eye to save scrunching my nose and seeing nothing of my
subject. Time permitting, I focus, and then look at the subject with
both eyes, wait and squeeze .......... at what I hope is the
appropriate moment.

Jeffrey has a much stronger/sharper right eye than left, he says.
Then. it is surely worthwhile determining whether he can change/
reverse a habit to accommodate his vision ............... and benefit
from placing his right eye to the viewfinder ....................

Maybe ............... put a patch on the "dominant" eye and see what
the other can do. How does the brain react, can it learn, does the
weaker become stronger because it must ..................? Tell me.

B.