Subject: [Leica] PAWs by Lee Englan d
From: Engl6914 at cableone.net (Lee England)
Date: Tue Feb 21 05:06:30 2006

Peter Dzwig wrote:
> Lee,
>
> I too like the second one, although I very much understand why you took the
> first. As Ted says very 1930s HCB. But, is it a boy or a girl? it seems too
> small to be an adult. What are they wearing? It almost looks like a junior
> member of one of the Orders of Bordeaux, like the Jurade de St.Emilion or
> perhaps of some charity school.
>
> It's probably none of the above, but it ** would ** makeit much more HCB
> if it
> were true.
>
> Look forward to finding out.
>
> Peter Dzwig

> http://gallery.leica-users.org/album367

Peter,

The picture is of a young woman, and strikingly pretty, too.  I had just
walked by her and had seen she was painting the fa?ade of a church.  She was
wearing a black parka,  black trousers and a French artist type beret.  I
sat down on a step because I'd been walking so long and tried to figure out
how to picture the fa?ade of the church (a huge rock--the church had been
carved out of the innards of a limestone cliff).  When I turned and saw the
artist again I held up the camera to ask if she minded.  When she didn't I
held on her while she was painting a bit and waited for her to look up at
her subject.  After I shot and got home to make the print I realized she was
looking directly at me, and it made a better shot because of it.

Lee England
Natchez, Mississippi