Subject: [Leica] Breakfast - I figured it out!!
From: ahgraves at prodigy.net (Allen Graves)
Date: Fri Mar 10 05:51:48 2006

>I agree entirely. CS2/Bridge is what I use. I just  think that many
>people are overwhelmed by the PS interface and I think that the
>simplified interface of these new products will win over  many
>photographers. I'm sure that Adobe will not be giving Lightroom away
>and I agreee that Aperture is overpriced for any except the pros who
>need to  work with high volumes of photos.

Allen

>Allen,
>The integration of Bridge to CS2 makes the Raw format in many ways easier
>than a JPG.  You select an image, it happens to be a RAW file and the
>appropriate RAW converter opens up.  Make your decisions on how the image is
>supposed to look and send it on the Photoshop for whatever other changes you
>want to make such as masks.  If you have a lot of images shot in the same
>situation then just select the group and apply the same RAW conversions to
>them.  Pretty simple and the various other converters can be plugged right
>in so if Adobe's offerings don't suit you some other product will surley do
>the trick.
>
>I did sit through two lectures on Lightroom and could see the possiblities
>for studio work flow or a stock photographer.  After sitting through the
>Aperture seminar I just could not see spending money on it.  It did not seem
>to offer that much functionality to CS2 no matter how hard they tried.  I
>could be wrong.
>
>Don
>don.dory@gmail.com
>

>On 3/10/06, Allen Graves <ahgraves@prodigy.net> wrote:
>>
>>  I think RAW will be more widely accepted by those who are intimidated
>>  by Photoshop  when the newer workflow tools like Apple's Aperture and
>>  Adobe Lightroom are more mature and integrate RAW file processing and
>>  photo organization. Considering that it is still a beta product, I've
>>  been quite impressed by Lightroom.
>>

>>  Allen
>>
>>  >At 06:14 PM 3/9/2006, you wrote:
>>  >>Adobe Camera Raw makes it so easy to process raw files, I can't imagine
>>  >>wanting to shoot jpeg for any reason.
>>  >>--
>>  >>Eric
>>  >>http://canid.com/
>>  >
>>  >Amen, Eric!  I'm still trying to convince a few photographers on a
>>  >project that I'm working on that everyone should be shooting Raw.
>>  >Some of them see no difference, but I guarantee that as soon as we
>>  >see the sample prints - 17x24 - from the printer, everyone will be
>>  >able to see the difference easily.  I've already seen the submitted
>>  >files from each photographer and there is no comparison between the
>>  >ones who use Raw and the ones who use Jpeg.  It's night and day.
>>  >
>>  >Tina
>>  >
>>  >Tina Manley, ASMP
>>  >http://www.tinamanley.com
>>  >
>>  >Leica Users Group.

Message from reid at mejac.palo-alto.ca.us (Brian Reid) ([Leica] Breakfast)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Breakfast - I figured it out!!)
Message from tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant) ([Leica] Breakfast - I figured it out!!)
Message from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Breakfast - I figured it out!!)
Message from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Breakfast - I figured it out!!)
Message from don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory) ([Leica] Breakfast - I figured it out!!)