Subject: [Leica] So long Rodinal. I'm going to miss you.
From: jblack at ambio.net (John Black)
Date: Thu Mar 16 08:17:33 2006

> I shot both Pan F and Acros on the same day and developed them together in
> divided D-76. At high magnification off a Nikon film scanner, the Acros
> looked sharper with finer grain and less contrast. I may never use Pan F
> again.

I know divided developer is supposed to be insensitive to time but, believe
me, Pan-F is VERY sensitive to developer activity and it's extremely easy to
overdevelop.  Properly handled, it is a very good legacy type film with low
contrast and medium acutance and very little grain.  Develop it for 50-60%
of regular time or dilute the developer 2X further.

JB