Subject: [Leica] NOLA Pontilly Neighborhood
From: imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George)
Date: Wed Mar 22 10:37:26 2006

Bruce, thanks for looking. Your comments re: color & B&W are
interesting on many different levels. I'm still mentally processing
what I saw and heard. The folks speaking at the meeting often brought
me to tears. I also shot some b&w film which will give me another
look. Yet while we tend to imagine that the situation should look
devastated and bleak - the homeless residents who own these
properties are attempting to hold on to some hope of rebuilding their
lives. When I first viewed these digital images I had the same
feeling that you did "too sunny." And yet that is what I saw. There's
an honesty to the grass growing in sunlit blue skies. So I don't know
yet what the final form of the images will take. While FEMA and EPA
say the water and air are great; I was coughing within an hour on day
one in the neighborhoods and had diarrhoea by day two.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com

Replies: Reply from bruce at ralgo.nl (bruce) ([Leica] NOLA Pontilly Neighborhood)