Subject: [Leica] Color Negative Films
From: walt at waltjohnson.com (Walt Johnson)
Date: Mon Apr 3 06:01:28 2006

Peter:

So far, it seems there are about three of us on the LUG using Kodak UC.
I tried it on a lark and was amazed at the vivid, and very accurate,
rendition.  Some time back I ran tests with Fuji 100,200,400 and
Kodak..The Kodak was, at least to me, a much better choice. Strangely
enough, the Fuji 200 (Superia) was not too bad. That's very unusual,
since 200 speed films are generally somewhat doggy.

Film has changed drastically in the past 15-20 years. I remember
shooting assignments on "America's return to space" (the 1st one) with
Fuji 400. Extremely saturated, very accurate color rendition and  grainy
as hell. It looked a lot like HP5 in Rodinal. Now, you can shoot high
speed color film on about anything and get by.

Walt

p.s. there are plenty of times when Fuji jumps right off the shelf into
my cart at Wal-Mart. Something about a little bird on my shoulder
singing "cheep cheep cheep" :-D