Subject: [Leica] New photo essay - Geneva
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Apr 6 14:53:57 2006

Kelly McErlean offered:
>>A very sparse set of images I agree. But that was the day it was. A little
>>walk past several major institutions who are headquartered in Geneva and
>>the response was cold. No hustle and bustle, no dynamic, yet important
>>decisions are being made here.<<<

Kelly mon ami,
Right there is the beginning of the shoot tumbling to what you have , a
collection of unrelated images.

>>A little walk past several major institutions who are headquartered in
>>Geneva and the response was cold. No hustle and bustle, no dynamic, yet
>>important decisions are being made here.<<<.

Yes important decisions are made, however that's happening inside the
building and of no relevance to your visual results because they're mental
decisions, not visual! Unless you are inside the rooms where the decision
makers show their facial expressions during conversation and you're there
capturing those expressions. Now that's a set of pictures I'd like to see
some day from you.

But out in the cold and empty streets I'd have changed the subjects to
something else. Then certainly found subjects that related.

> So the Geneva shots are under that title. I walked to work, met very few
>  >people considering the size of the building and later that day got on
> the
> plane >and went home, quite aware that I had seen very little of Geneva
> but a version >of Geneva all the same.<<<

Fair enough as most of us have gone through that kind of situation, but
knowing you didn't have enough to make an honest sort of "Day in the life
of" don't you think it might have been better to lump them together as
something else or saved them for later where we'd all have appreciated them
better?

ted