Subject: [Leica] Re: Small cars
From: jackherron at cox.net (Jack C. Herron)
Date: Wed Apr 26 22:17:28 2006

Let's see, if we ignore the former USSR and some slavic countries, we find
that the rough center of what we normally think of as Europe is
approximately Paris, and that one can reach almost all of it in a distance
that is about the width of Texas.  The ability of your friends in Europe to
travel like this is far more the result of the small size of Europe than
anything else.  A comparable rail system would have to be 6 times the size
of the european system.  While the continuing thread seems to concentrate on
metro transportation, your comment on air travel seems to invoke a larger
picture than a commute within Pittsburgh.  The problems are simply not
comparable.
Jack C. Herron
8118 E. 20th St.
Tucson, AZ 85710