Subject: [Leica] Re: Small cars
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Apr 27 05:26:04 2006

Jack,
Like any infrastructure, you build from the core need out.  In the NE
U.Sthere is a fair train system already in place.  You can get from
most major
towns to most places fairly easily and relatively inexpensively.  The
eastern seaboard is where most Americans live with other bright spot
Dallas/Houston, the California coastline up to Seatle and the concentrations
around the Great Lake region.  You just have to connect the dots of people.
One of the other reason to come up with a transit system is that our cities
are becoming impossible to navigate by car due to congestion.  Cities like
Atlanta are becoming pockets of villages as most people do not care to leave
their "hood".  So we have an SMSA or about 4.7million and I would guess that
about 4.5 million never leave an area extending a radius of 3 miles except
for work location, sports event, or flying.  The money spent on
transportation infrastructure will be made up by having a more mobile
workforce, more flexibility in where facilities are located, and a reduced
cost of movement both in time and energy costs.

So, the next time the unemployment rate starts to creep up you start to
build an already planned system.  The power plants would of course need to
be coming on line already.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com