Subject: [Leica] Re: Small cars
From: msmall at aya.yale.edu (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu Apr 27 16:29:51 2006

At 06:03 PM 4/27/06 -0400, B. D. Colen wrote:
>And that, of course, is how a CEO can walk away with an $800 million
check...No excess there. And I love the reference to the Carter
administration "allowing" the oil producing nations to nationalize their
oil fields. Just like we finally allowed the central American countries to
nationalize their bananas... ;-)
>there is only one reality here, and that is that the piper is now playing
"Good Night Ladies," and has presented us with the bill.
========================

BD

Define "excess" and tell us your own gross annual income, so that we can
compare.  I made $78,500 gross last year, and probably netted around
$22,000.  Be as honest with me, or hold our peace.

And tell me just what our standard is for an "excess" income.  I have
failed, but still desire, to make as much money as I am capable of making.
Your co0mments are simply sour grapes in that you are incapable of making
such sums.  I repect those who are capable of earnign this income, while
your own insecurities lead you to the conclusion that, as YOU are unable to
earn such sums, those who do so must be EVIL.  Sorry, the rational
disconnects in that one are multiple.

Agian, what is your standard of "excess" and how do you derive it?  If an
executive takes over a company with a NET profit of $100 bvillion a year
and increases it to, say, a NET profit of $300 Billion a year and all
found, why not a fee of $800 million?  Success earns its own price.  Movie
stars make huge sums of money for doing nothing other than an ephemeral
matter of acting in a movie which exists and then is gone save in DVD.
Corporate CEO's make decisions which affect uis for generations.

BD, your approach is proably a bit skewed.  Those who add value get
rewarded.  No one other than my mother ever had an unkind word about Andrew
Carnegie, as he added huge sums to the pockets of his workers and, the
reality you hate to admit,to the natioal wealth which we all enjoy.

Be real.  Value is as value does.  You earn it or you go bankrupt.  BD, if
you have half a testicle, go out on your own as an indepentend
phtoographer.  Your attitude will change once you have to make the books
balance on yur own resources.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!