Subject: [Leica] looking for an affordable leica 21mm
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Thu May 4 14:19:59 2006

At 12:43 PM 5/4/06 -0400, Mark Langer wrote:
>I can second the suggestion of the Kobalux.  I have one and am very heppy
>with it.  The same lens was marketed under a number of names, such as Bower,
>etc. so you may have better luck in finding one by spreading your search a
>bit further that way.  I also understand that people have had good success
>using the old  Zeiss bayonet Biogon 21/4.5 for Contax RF with a
>non-focussing Zeiss external bayonet to LTM mount.  I'd love to do that, as
>I prefer the Zeiss lens to the Kobalux, but sadly have not found the mount.

Several points, Mark.

First, I have seen both Contax RF and Contarex SLR versions of the 4.5/21
CZ Biogon converted to Leica.  I own a Contarex version of this lens
converted to Leica M which I use regularly with my M3 or M6.

Second, the mount for either LTM or Leica M is not RF-coupled but the lens
itself can be focused.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!