Subject: [Leica] A bit of Margritte?
From: r.s.taylor at comcast.net (Richard S. Taylor)
Date: Sun May 7 09:23:08 2006

Philippe - In all seriousness, the problem I'm having with the shot
is that whatever the atmospheric conditions, you would never see deep
blue sky (implying atmospheric clarity) and half the moon.  If there
was a haze, the sky would be more grayish, the moon pale, and the
dark half of the disc hidden in it.

With a full moon and a deep blue sky, the double exposure would work.

On the other hand, maybe strangeness is what you were looking for here.