Subject: [Leica] Glass slide mounting? Attn - Tina.
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sun May 7 13:39:00 2006

At 08:22 PM 5/6/2006, you wrote:
>Tina, if I recall correctly you took on a big slide mounting effort a
>couple of years ago (5000 slides?).  I'm looking at a similar but
>less extensive project and am planning to use Gepe plastic mounts
>(Article no 7001) for family/holiday shots and Gepe 3mm Anti-Newton
>glass mounts (Article no. 2004) for my best nature shots, for
>projection to audiences.

Hi, Rick - Yes, I'm still mounting slides - several hundred thousand
to go ;-)  I'm using Gepe plastic mounts that snap together in a
small hand press.  I timed myself once and it takes about 5 seconds
per slide to fit the slide in the mount and snap it closed.  You just
have to be careful to get your fingers out of the way before slamming
the handle down! Gepe makes many different mounts and I like the ones
with metal liners inside the frame that hold the film perfectly
flat.  I did experiment with some glass mounts, but that is 4 more
surfaces to clean and the humidity is so high here in SC that
Newton's Rings are a big problem.  I ruled out glass pretty
quickly.  The Gepe mounts are just the right thickness for Nikon's
LS5000 bulk slide feeder.  They never jam.  I file them in hanging
slide pages in lateral filing cabinets - over 500,000 in 11 later
cabinets, so far.

Hope this helps!  Good luck.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP, NPPA