Subject: [Leica] 75-90mm lenses - Opinions
From: lambroving at worldnet.att.net (William G. Lamb, III)
Date: Tue May 9 21:09:44 2006

Jeffrey,

Although you have decided on the monster 75 Lux, I'd recommend
you reconsider Joseph's suggestion. In addition to its compact size,
the 75/2 AA has a short, snappy focus throw and the extended hood
does not block the 75mm frame.

While I prefer to use it for details and for a more "human" and
pleasing perspective for landscapes, it makes a superb portrait lens
too. It is high contrast and high resolution without the harshness of
some AA lenses.

Here are a couple of examples from a German friend on a recent
visit to Prague on Scala. Click to expand...

<http://homepage.mac.com/ron_mp/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2006-01-23%2007.34.51%20-0800/Image-415B9C728C2511DA.jpg>

<http://homepage.mac.com/ron_mp/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2006-01-23%2007.34.51%20-0800/Image-415BC6DA8C2511DA.jpg>

One from Eisenach:

<http://homepage.mac.com/ron_mp/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2006-01-30%2007.16.33%20-0800/Image-30FC5A6191A211DA.jpg>