Subject: [Leica] B&W analog-digital workflow
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Sun May 14 13:31:12 2006

I can second Adam. After having tried silverfast and vuescan, I finally
concluded tinkering with the scan software is just loosing time. I use the
partially modified presets for the different b&w emulsions in silverscan,
use 16 bit greyscale mode, and the rest is done in PS which is much more
powerful. It might happen from time time that I rescan and tinker a strongly
over- or underxposed picture to try to get more out of it.
Didier

Message from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] B&W analog-digital workflow)