Subject: [Leica] Photo: The Old Time Fiddlers of Black Canyon
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Sun May 14 19:26:56 2006

We're in Arizona this weekend, closing the house in Black Canyon. It's
hot, 100 or so, hardly counts as hot in Arizona where hot begins about
115.

Here in Black Canyon there's a monthly meeting of "fiddlers" who
invite the public to come and listen as they play their mix of blue
grass and traditional American tunes.

Here's one of the players and his wife. By chance they knew my wife's
parents from the time when they lived here.

It was shot at 3200 with the 1Ds MKII and the 24-70 f2.8L, the
conversion to B&W done with Convert to Black and White Pro lit by a
combination of window light and fluorescent fixtures.

<http://www.idea-processing.com/Images/_L3U1240-bw.jpg>

Comments most welcome.

I'll have a few more images to share from what I shot but this was the
most personal and the one I connected with most deeply. The others are
just "art".

Adam

Replies: Reply from graham at geebeespaw.freeserve.co.uk (GeeBee) ([Leica] Photo: The Old Time Fiddlers of Black Canyon)
Reply from Jim at hemenway.com (Jim Hemenway) ([Leica] Photo: The Old Time Fiddlers of Black Canyon)