Subject: [Leica] color blind...
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Tue May 23 23:14:02 2006

hi Greg, a fascinating question, yours... I will tell you what I have
found so far, and I'll share it with the LUG list...

ethambutol, a drug which is part of multidrug TB therapy, can
sometimes affect vision and especially color vision.

this seems to be generally what is referred to, when we google...

(I am not sure what the mechanism is...)

  I am also checking to see if any of the customary antibiotics that
are used to treat bacterial sepsis, may also cause risk...though of
this I don't know, but I'm further searching the medical
literature...and if I find something I'll let you know.

It's a provocative question... one that I have never seen
investigated in questions of antibiotic toxicity, with the exception
of the drug ethambutol...
the LUG sure can be an amazing source of information,

Steve

Replies: Reply from jwlee01 at gmail.com (John Lee) ([Leica] color blind...)