Subject: [Leica] 50 mm lenses
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Wed May 24 19:35:30 2006

Greg,
Your lens lies beyond the serial number range for the thorium glass lenses.
I have a Takumar that is also beyong the generally accepted range and it is
most yellow so I think the color is a maybe.  One of my Summicrons is well
under the 1 mil mark and it was sorta yellow before I had it cleaned up by
John at which point it became pretty clear.

I am looking around for a 35 FD F2 that was allegedly built with thorium
glass as one I had in the mid seventies was very good indeed.

Don
don.dory@gmail.com